Eat clean by knowing exactly what’s in your meals and plan ahead. Your body deserves it!
Join Chef Doris Fin, known for her plant-based philosophy (eat mostly plants, not plant-only), and learn to create delicious meals in a jar in this fun hands-on cooking class. Together participants will prepare the ingredients for 4 recipes (chopping, baking, blending, stirring, and shaking). Learn knife skills, important storage considerations and what ingredients work best for this type of application. Guests will build their own balanced meals using the provided 3L jars (for lunch/dinner meals) and 125ml jars (for breakfast/snack chia pudding). Once shaken, get ready to eat out of the jar, or transfer to a bowl or plate. Smart meals for 2020 – yes please!
- Creamy Zucchini Pasta: Greek Dressing, Chickpea Salad, Roasted Root Veggies, Quinoa Pasta, Spiralized Zucchini and Pumpkin Seeds
- Oriental Noodle Salad with Shrimp: Ginger Almond Sesame Sauce, Garlic Shrimp, Roasted Broccoli and Green Beans, Glass Noodles with Edamame and Veggies, Spinach, Sesame seeds
- Creamy Tahini Chicken (or Lentils) Quinoa Salad: Tahini Ginger Garlic Lemon Sauce, Roasted Chicken (or Lentils), Roasted Peppers and Onions, Quinoa, Mixed Greens, Sunflower Seeds
- Coconut Chia Pudding: chia seeds, rolled oats, coconut, berries
- Instructions and guidance by a professional chef
- Learn techniques and trade tricks
- Understand healthy, plant-based eating principles
- Uncover money saving tips
- 3 x 3L mason jars, 2x 125ml mason jars to take home 5 prepared meals
- Suitable for tweens, teens and adults. Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Allergy Alert – please note nuts, seeds and coconut are used during this workshop. We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.